Summer has finally arrived in Calgary and although it’s not as long as we would want it to be, that doesn’t mean you can’t find many fun activities that you and your little ones will enjoy! You need to see and do as much as you can during these two short months when your kids are out of school and you have a little extra time to go out there and play! Below we have the 10 Fun Summer activities for kids in Calgary
We at Jesse Davies & Associates have compiled a list of ten great summer fun activities that will help you and your family get organized and see what makes Calgary such a great city!
1. Go on a picnic and spend the entire day cooling off at your local wading pool or spray park. Check out Riley Park in the NW or Eau Claire Plaza in the Downtown area.
2. Check out the $5 Laser Tag Special at Laser City every Wednesday and Thursday, from 4:30 pm to 9:00 pm, for ages 6 and up.
3. Visit Circles of Rhythm Drum Circle at the Inglewood Community Hall, where over 100 participants of all ages come together to drum every Friday night.
4. Get to know some animals at The Calgary Zoo and go a little wild with the Safari Sunday Brunch they host on Sunday mornings.
5. Try out the MaxMan’s Mini Golf at Crystal Ridge and set up a tournament for your family and see who has the best putting skills!
6. Visit the dinosaurs and hike through the terrain at the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller.
7. One Saturday a month Westbrook Mall features Westbrook Mall Saturday Fun which is a free family fun event from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm.
8. Search for the ugly old troll under the bridge at Troll Falls in Kananaskis.
9. If you are up to it, try to ride every single ride at Calaway Park.
10. Story Book Theater – Mary Poppins The Musical is an enchanting mixture of irresistible story, unforgettable songs, breathtaking dance numbers and astonishing stagecraft. For ages 6 and up.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure to have lots of fun, and create long-lasting memories with your kids this summer!
At Jesse Davies & Associates we understand how important family is and pride ourselves on knowing all the best schools in each community, where the local ice cream shop is and where the local bike trails or playgrounds are located. If you’re looking for your next home or looking to sell your current home, our team of Real Estate agents would love to help.