The results of a recent survey have crowned Varsity as Calgary’s best neighbourhood. Varsity won the top spot thanks to a combination of peace and quiet, greenery, location, ease of access to transit, and range of shops.
Avenue Calgary’s recently released 2017 ranking of Calgary’s best neighbourhoods placed Beltline and Edgemont in the second and third spots, meaning they are also fantastic places to live. The variety represented by those three communities shows just how varied the ranking criteria are; Beltline is in the heart of the city, while Edgemont is further out and offers more open space.
Here are Calgary’s 10 best neighbourhoods:
- Varsity – Click here to see homes in Varsity
- Beltline – Click here to see homes in Beltline
- Edgemont – Click here to see homes in Edgemont
- Brentwood – Click here to see homes in Brentwood
- Signal Hill – Click here to see homes in Signal Hill
- Huntington Hills – Click here to see homes in Huntington Hills
- Bridgeland/Riverside – Click here to see homes in Bridgeland/Riverside
- Arbour Lake – Click here to see homes in Arbour Lake
- Downtown Commercial Core – Click here to see homes in Downtown Calgary
- Crescent Heights – Click here to see homes in Crescent Heights
The rankings take into account a number of characteristics when deciding which neighbourhoods are the city’s best, such as access to green space, bars, shopping, transportation, schools and more.
Of course, different people may be better suited to different neighbourhoods. If you have any questions about Calgary real estate and which neighbourhoods to look at, don’t hesitate to contact Jesse using the ‘Connect’ button above.
Below is a map of the top 50 communities. To search rankings for all of Calgary’s neighbourhoods, click here.
Click here for more details of the survey and how neighbourhoods are ranked.